Mountainous par excellence, several valleys formed by the tributaries and tributaries of Navia also appear.
Today, Villayón presents everything that any hiker wants to see, with great panoramic views of nature, such as the Oneta waterfalls, where we can enjoy a jump of about 15 meters of altitude made by the Acebal River and which is reached after a good stretch of road that gives for an affordable and entertaining route. Declared natural monument.
Waters and mountains are hallmarks of Villayón, which is in the Protected Landscape of the Sierra de Carondioone of the most beautiful natural beauties to enjoy activities in nature. Like the other municipalities of western Asturias, the color that predominates in their towns and villages is the black of the slate, an autochthonous material that abounds thanks to the fact that the geological period that crops up in this part of Asturias is above all the Silurian.
Like the rest of its ‘partners’ in the Historical Park of the Navia, the archaeological remains of Castile and those of burial mounds and necropolis are part of its cultural heritage , which also has in its numerous coats of arms an exponent of what was the ‘rural splendor’ ‘around the Navia basin.
More Information of Interest
Weekly market: First Sunday of each month
Festivals and Fairs
– Fair of All Saints, in Villayón on October 31, of cattle in general, crafts and agri-food products.
– Fair of San Martín, in Villayón on November 11, of pigs.
– Fair of San Cibrán, in Valdedo on the third Saturday of September, of cattle and horses.
Most popular parties of the council:
– Ecce-homo (Ponticiella), the first Saturday of May.
– San Pedro (Villayón), on June 29.
– Santiago and Santa Ana (Arbón), on July 25 and 26.
– Encounter of Las Virtudes (Valdedo), the third weekend of August.
– Santa María de Oneta (Oneta), on September 9.
– Los Dolores (Villayón), on September 15
– La Velilla (Parlero), on September 17.
– Our Lady of La Merced “La Pena” (Busily), on September 24.